Saturday, March 14, 2009

Copplestone Castings

One of the coolest online stores is called Copplestone Castings. From there I ordered a punch of figures to be used with Cyberpunk RPG, which we have been playing recently. (We = Ari, Mikko, Samu & I.)

I've been visiting the local RPG stores every so often and I've noticed that the Games Workshop stuff they sell is ridiciously priced nowadays. One single figure may cost 10-15 euros! Back in the day, with that money one could get a whole army of metal guys. Well, luckily there is this thing called net and postal orders can be made quite comfortably from home. Although the real life shopping of RPG stuff is really neat, when you can see and touch the things you're going to get.

Anyway, Bad Things 1 is one of the figure packs that I bought. (The underlined part is a link to the Copplestone's page.)

This is one picture from my gallery. Click the pic to see more.
Lähettäjä Copplestone BT1 - Bad Things 1

When we used to paint the figures in the olden days, we never used any basecoats or "primers." And it showed. After a few play sessions the paints started to chip away. Now I've spent many hours finding info on net about all this stuff and more. Another thing is the way the minis are held while painting. I remember it being quite hard to keep them between the fingers and trying not to touch the still wet parts. I realised that I could glue them in top of any can or whatever. Just to remember not to use too strong glue, so that they can be easily removed when the painting job is done. Empty tin cans are just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment