Saturday, March 14, 2009

Alright now.

Around 1987, when I was 13 years old or so, I discovered Dungeons & Dragons, the amazing fantasy role playing game. Me and my fellas were quite hooked to that right from the beginning. I'm not quite sure since when the game was available from the Finnish book stores, but I guess it had landed on Finland quite recently then.

After a while playing just D&D I realised that there were also other RPG's as well. And that way I soon found out about fantasy miniatures. We played a lot; there were a bunch of guys and everybody wanted to GM something. So, there was Top Secret, Runequest, AD&D, Palladium, Rolemaster, MERP, Traveller, Recon, Star Wars, Space Master, Cyberspace, Harn, Gurps, Warhammer Fantasy RPG & Battle, Shadowrun, Rifts and even Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Just to mention some.

Some of them we played maybe just once, but anyway, the world of RPG's was really the thing for me. And to many others too, it seemed.

Mainly the miniatures were used with Warhammer Fantasy and 40000, also some Blood Bowl (and Dungeon Bowl!) too.

Actively I played for a few years. And then other hobbies took over and RPG's faded to background. There was some rock music to play and pints of beer to drink. I never got fed up with the games, it just seemed to be more and more complicated to get around gaming with friends.

And now, at the age of 35, some twenty years later, I've got back to gaming. Well, at the moment I've mostly bought paints to replace the old, dried ones and also got new figures.

When I searched the net to get info on today's miniature scene, I found some really cool sites dedicated to mini's. And so I decided to set up a figure gallery blog of my own. Photographing is also one of my hobbies, so this is a nice way to combine these interests. Not to mention the whole WWW thing, from which I even got myself a profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment